The following 6 foods could act similar to the way a thermogenic or a cardio session in how they affect the body. These foods can ramp up your metabolism, and in essence, can assist you in burning fat whilst also maintaining a healthy, longer lasting life. And who wouldn’t want that?
Most people will blame their genetic make up to be the cause for their slow running metabolism. How many people complain that their partner seems to be able to lose weight easily, and even though they work harder their weight won’t budge? If you have these foods in the right quantity during specific times of the day you will help your body lose weight, and gain muscle.
1. Blueberries: ‘Antioxidant’ seems to be the new buzzword of this decade. Everyone needs more antioxidants. Everyone wants more antioxidants. Everyone buys foods with antioxidants; but do we know what they are?
A chemical process called oxidation is when your body goes through a chemical reaction taking off a substance. Your body typically goes through oxidative stress when you have disease, after a workout, or when you are sick. The product from that oxidation is called a “free radical”. It’s a good thing we can eat antioxidants to counteract that. Blueberries are a great antioxidant for that.
When free radicals start to build up in your body because they’re not cleared, they start to damage cells which can lead to inhibited muscle growth, fat loss or even cause disease. Good thing we have antioxidants like blueberries! Antioxidants help prevent this oxidation from taking place, and thus prevents the build up of free radicals.
2. Almonds: These are known as a miracle food. They can provide you with the most healthy calories and nutrition from just one small serving size. A handful of almonds are an amazing source of vitamin – E, and a great source of fiber. Fiber will keep you feeling full longer. Almonds also offer you monounsaturated fat that will keep your heart healthy.
3. Whey Protein: Whey protein (the highest quality and best form of protein) is incredible stuff. It provides the body with the necessary building blocks to produce amino acids that are used for building muscle tissue. Whey protein also plays a role as an antioxidant and helps support a healthy immune system. Most importantly, consistent whey protein intake coupled with exercise will result in consistent muscle building and potential fat loss.
4. Salmon: Everyone feels that Salmon is high in calories, which is true but its low in saturated fat. It is an excellent source of protein and a unique type of “good” fat called omega-3. It’s an essential fatty acid that is found in salmon which is extremely beneficial to your cardiovascular system. Omega-3 is a health-promoting fat that will help to prevent erratic heart rhythms. This will assist to avoid blood clots within the arteries and improve the ratio of good cholesterol to offset the bad cholesterol that is known to clog the arteries. This will help to prevent any clog to your arteries.
5. Spinach: Leafy green vegetables like spinach with its delicate texture and jade green color provide more nutrients than any other food. By eating spinach, you’ll be protecting yourself against osteoporosis, heart disease, colon cancer, arthritis, and other diseases at the same time. And if the physical benefits aren’t enough, you also get mental improvements.
6. Water: Water makes up nearly 2/3rd of our body weight. Most people don’t realize that blood is 84% water. Muscles are made up of about 75% in just water alone. Even our brains are made up of 75% of water. People would never believe that 22@ of our bones are also made up of water. Knowing these facts, you can imagine what happens when we don’t keep our body well hydrated. Our bodies function optimally when we are fully hydrated, so it’s important not to deprive ourselves of water.
If you can include all of these foods into your daily eating plan, your body will feel full of extra energy and you can prolong your life. With all the food choices we have, there aren’t many that can keep you healthy and fit, but these six foods are a great place to start.
You can find here a lot of free bodybuilding routines, articles and programs. Find a lot of information about bodybuilding supplement industry to reveal the honest truth about building muscle, maximizing strength and dissolving away unwanted bodyfat. Visit us if you want to read more Fitness Articles
- Related Blogs on exercise