I like blogs that entertain, educate, and empower. A good blog keeps me coming back for more. I like blogs that stimulate my mind, make me go hmmmmm, and inspire me to greatness.
When I’m having a tough day I need a blog that will make me laugh so hard (rotflmao) that I laugh myself to tears. I appreciate a blog that provides detailed instructions on how to get something done that pertains to whatever I’m doing. I love a blog that scratches my
smart aleck ( smart ass) itch with lots of sarcasm and wit. When I’m totally overloaded with my reality and need a quick escape, I enjoy the mindless entertainment of a juicy celebrity gossip blog.
Blogging is often a thankless job…this is just my way of saying thank you to 50 of my favorite bloggers.
Living Life Abundantly proudly presents the
Top 50 Best Blogs of 2008 Award.
1. Field-Negro: Absolutely-positively-no-holds-barred commentary on the world of entertainment, sports, and POLITICS, by a lawyer in Philly, who was “Raised in the house, but field certified.” (This is probably my most fave blog of all time. Field is CRAZY!)
2. Inspired By Action: A blog that inspires you to go from “good enough” to your maximum potential.
3. Electronic Village: This ‘virtual village’ is one of the most influential blogs in the “afrosphere” offering insights, input, and information not always easily found in the blogosphere.
4. Roots of Humanity: The purpose of this blog is to Raise Awareness about human rights violations worldwide.
5. What About Our Daughters: A blog for, by, and about Black women and girls: uncompromising, unapologetic, unbowed!
6. Becoming Your Stellar Self: This blog provides tips, stories and resources for finding and nurturing your best self — body, mind, spirit.
7. Life Hacker : For the best technical tips, tricks, and diy info this blog is the ultimate resource.
8. Get Rich Slowly: Personal Finance That Makes Sense
9. The Frugalista Files: This blog shares the frugal side of fabulous with ways to have a good time – for free.
10. Damn Mexicans: Debunking Myths Surrounding Immigration
11. The Offended Blogger: Blogging the offended and the offensive… because they’re out there! (always inappropriate and always funny)
12. Stuff Black People Love: This blog is an exploration of Black Culture and things we are fond of.
13. Stuff White People Like: This blog is a scientific approach to highlight and explain stuff white people like.
14. The Unapologetic Mexican : The tagline pretty much sums it up “El Machete De Mi Gente” (The Machete Of My People)
15. Angry Asian Man: Keep it real with the rice fields!
16. Bob Baker’s Indie Music Promotion Blog: Offers music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians, and bands.
17. Think Progress: A hard hitting blog that seeks to provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies.
18. The Sowing Circle: Sowing Seeds of Change Within a Circle of Sisterhood.
19. When Least Expected: Inspiration To Brighten Dark Days And Lonely Nights When All Seems Lost
20. Media Take Out : The good, bad, and ugly in the fish bowl lives of celebrities.
21. Gossip Girls: Celebrity Gossip Blog
22. Eddie G Griffin : Insights from the brilliant mind of the author of “Breaking Men’s Minds: Behavior Control and Human Experimentation at the Federal Prison in Marion (IL).”
23. Raw Dawg Buffalo: Social and political op-editorials on America and the world
24. Playa Hata: The Blog Where The Truth On Pop & Politics Lives. Are You A Playahata?
25. Mixed Chicks Chat: the blog for the Mixed Chicks, a LIVE weekly podcast about being racially and culturally mixed.
26. Memoirs Of A Dater : This is the must read blog for anyone DATING, looking to date, or in need of dating and relationship advice.”
27. Science, Education & Society: This blog looks at how science and education relate to soci-economic status and other class issues among African-American communities.
28. From My Brown Eyed View: This blog is a bout looking at the world we live in. The author says What’s worth sharing will make its way here.
29. Vanessa Unplugged: Straight with no chaser… (she truly speaks her mind and tells it like it is)
30. Product Reviews: The name says it all!
31. Music Think Tank: Where The Music Industry Thinks Out Loud
32. Young, Black, & Fabulous: Celebrity Gossip
33. Pointless Banter: Laughter is medicine to the soul. This blog is a daily dose of laughs, sarcasm, and clever wit that will keep you coming back for more!
34. How to Change the World: A practical blog for impractical people.
35. Weekend Entrepreneur: Learning To Live The Lifestyle Of Your Dreams
36. Make Money Online: This Blog Will Pay My Mortgage
37. Pro Blogger: Darren Rowse, a pioneer in professional blogging consistently provides top-notch tips to help bloggers earn money.
38. Copy Blogger: Brian Clark offers awesome copywriting advice for bloggers and online marketers.
39. Courtney Tuttle: Court’s Internet Marketing Blog breaks down internet marketing in such a user friendly way that even a 5 year old can understand.
40. Paula Neal Mooney: This niche blogger, believer, seo girl, shares her very effective and precise online money making strategies. She also publishes the well known ‘Paula’s List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries.’
41. Manage Your Life: A blog that offers helpful tips, guidance, and ideas of how to manage life better.
42. Taxgirl: An authority on taxes, Taxgirl provides useful tax news, tax info and tax policy help.
43. Tales From The Emergency Room and Beyond: A blog about what really goes on in the life of a medical resident.
44. Detention Slip: Footnotes for education reform. Crazy but true stories happening in our schools.
45. Blogging Experiment: From $0 to $1500 per month in 9 months
46. The Typing Makes Me Sound Busy: This Blog is a hilarious view into the daily life of a a very funny twentysomething
47. The Gridiron Goddess: Get a glimpse into the uber-glamorous life of an NFL wife.
48. Our Solar House: An Alternative Energy Blog
49. Sistah’s Catering: Recipes & Party Planning Tips
50. Blog of The Day Awards: A blog that awards bloggers daily based on visitor nominations.
If you’re not reading these blogs you should be! If your blog didn’t make this years top 50. take notes from these hot , and I’m sure you’ll make the list next year bloggers
Congratulations to the winners. Your contributions to the blogosphere are appreciated. Your hard work is not in vein. Keep blogging and I’ll keep reading
To rep the award on your blog here’s the
copy and paste code: